The Herpetology Master programme is open to holders of a Bachelor degree in Biology. For other academic bachelors in science, applied science and life sciences, equivalency will be evaluated based on scientific competences and skills of the students by the Master of Biology Steering Committee. If you haven't completed your Bachelor programme yet, but will graduate this academic year, you can already apply for enrollment in the next academic year. Your acceptance will be provisional on your Bachelor graduation.
Your application should be submitted before June 1st of the year in which the academic years starts.
(for example, before June 1st 2017 to start in the academic year 2017-2018, which starts end of september 2017)
In addition, your application will be evaluated based on the following documents, to be submitted during your application:
- Letter of motivation
- Two letters of recommendation
- Transcripts of your Bachelor years.
- Proof of English proficiency
Proof of English proficiency can be provided in the form of one of the following documents:
- a diploma of primary, secondary or higher education where English was the language of instruction;
- an official document stating that you have successfully completed at least one school year of secondary education where English was the language of instruction (i.e. a certificate prepared by the school in question);
- an official document stating that you have successfully completed course units in higher education with a minimum total of 54 ECTS where English was the language of instruction (i.e. a certificate prepared by the college/university in question);
- a diploma of ASO secondary education in Belgium;
- a certificate stating that you have successfully completed one of the following language tests:
- TOEFL: minimum level 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 80 internet-based
- IELS: minimum level academic module 6,5
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE), grade B
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), grade C
- TOEIC: minimum level: 860
Note: If you do not have a valid proof of English proficiency at the time of application, you will only get a conditional acceptance. You will need to submit the proof before you can enroll.
For an overview of the different steps in the application procedure, follow this link to the application page of the Vrije Universteit Brussel .
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Pleinlaan 2 - 1050 Brussels
Tel : +32-2-6293648